contents

 About Jeung-pyeong

History

  • Goguryeo : Year 475 A.D. Doseo-hyun, Geummulno-gun, Goguryeo
  • Unified Shilla : Year 757 A.D. Chinese character for Doseo-hyun was changed. (Year 16, Shilla King Gyeongduk) Installed Cheongyeonhyun, Heukyang-gun Yeonghyun
  • Goryeo : Year 940 A.D. Doseo-hyun was renamed to Doan-hyun (Year 23, first king of Goryeo)Year 9 of King Hyunjong (1018), became the sukhyun of Cheongjumok
  • Choseon : Year 1405 A.D. Unified Cheongdang-hyun and Doan-hyun into Cheongan-hyun (Year 5, Choseon King Taejong). Appointed a gammu
    Year 13, King Taejong. Appointed a hyungam and assigned under the administrative district of Cheongju-jin
    1895. 5. 26 Cheongan-hyun was renamed as Cheongan-gun, and divided into Eupnae-myeon, Dong-myeon, Seo-myeon, Geunseo-myeon, Nam-myeon, and Buk-myeon. (Year 32, King Gojong)
Japanese Colonial Rule
  • 1914. 3. 1 : Cheongan-gun became integrated and unified with Goesan-gun

    Eupnae-myeon and Dong-myeong became Cheongan-myeon, Buk-myeon became Doan-myeon, Geunseo-myeon and Nam-myeon became Jeungpyeong-myeon

Republic of Korea
  • 1949. 8. 13 : Jeungpyeong-myeon was elevated to Jeungpyeong-eup
  • 1966. 1. 1 : Gyo-dong, Chung-dong, and Dae-dong were separated from Jeungpyeong-li and integrated into Beopjung-li
  • 1990. 12. 31 : Established the Jeungpyeong local branch in Chungcheongbuk-do
  • 2003. 8. 30 : Inaugurated Jeungpyeong-gun
top